Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

House shapes

I have a thing about house shaped cards and when I saw this month's challenge at Artful Times was to use a house shape for a project I knew just what I wanted to do.  My daughter, Izzy, has just moved and has entered into a new phase in her life with lots of new challenges to face.  I wanted to make her a card of encouragement and thought a house shaped card would be perfect.  I also have a thing about concertina cards and mini-books so this is what I ended up doing:


I had such fun making this.  First I folded three A4 sheets of white card in half and stuck them to each other to make the concertina base.  Then I cut them into a house shape, sponged distress inks and added stamping.  They looked a bit flat so I added my home made texture paste through a stencil and I loved the effect:


I cut doors, windows and birds from different patterned paper and added ric rac at the base of each roof.  Then I printed out the encouragements and stuck to each housetop.  Here is the front:


and the inside pages:


and the back:


I love my concertina houses!


God is with us whereever we go and whatever we do and, if we let Him, He will guide us, strengthen us and give us all we need, when we need it.

I'm linking up at:

10 comments:

  1. This is an wonderful. The faux brick/stone on the front of each house is very nice. Praying you have a fun day filled with love and happiness. Thank you for joining our 149th challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Susan...I love this! Everything about it, each piece, scripture, texture, colors, etc. Your daughter will love this...so, so meaningful. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Susan. If every house were built upon these beautiful scriptures, we wouldn't have the problems we're facing in this broken world. I appreciate you sharing this wonderful project in our challenge, and for your fellowship and support. You are such a blessing and I appreciate having you join us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful ! Your daughter will be blessed every day by your fabulous work ! Love the scriptures you have chosen and the quotes from your book, must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely Christian encouraging card - TFS have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely thoughtful card to give to your daughter, I'm sure she will treasure it. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card for your daughter to treasure and keep.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card you made for your daughter. Something to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this idea!!!! Love love love! Thank you for sharing it! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Susan,

    I love house-themed art and yours is SO beautiful and SO filled with love! Thank you for sharing this at Create With Joy. What an inspiration you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete