Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

A New Name

We sang this song at church last night and it moved me to tears...... again. The song is about the transforming power of Jesus when we surrender our lives to Him. No matter how damaged or hurt we can find healing and new life if we only allow Jesus in.

Here are the words:


I will change your name
You shall no longer be called
Wounded, outcast, lonely or afraid
I will change your name
Your new name shall be
Confidence, joyfulness, overcoming one
Faithfulness, friend of God
One who seeks My face

I know Jesus has changed me and is still changing me - I'm a work in progress!  He's set me free from - to name a few things - anger and fear, from comfort eating and resentment, from feeling I don't belong.  He's given me a new family in my church family.   He's given me a new purpose in my life so I have confidence in what I do.  He loves me and has saved me and is my friend so I have joy.  He gives me strength so I can overcome.  I owe everything to Jesus so I'm faithful.  I want to know Him more so I seek His face.

I love my new name!
 
I hope you enjoy the song sung here by Crossways to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment