Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Eat good things

This is the second page I did for the newspaper challenge set by Julie for Art Journal Every Day.  I used words torn out from a newspaper this time.  I saw the words hunger and Eat! and it made me think how important it is to eat the right things to be healthy.  Then I thought this is the same for everything, not just eating.  For example, if I spend too much time watching the wrong kind of tv programme that's not going to do me any good.  I need to feed myself with good things and I need to feed my spirit with the things of God.  Jesus said, 

"I am the Bread of Life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, 
and he who believes in me shall never thirst."
John 6: 35-36
When I spend time with Jesus in prayer, or at church, or am just conscious of  Him as I go about my day I just feel better!

This is my page:


I really enjoyed doing this.  The backround started out with colour which I'd previously scraped on a page when I had an accident with a Cosmic Shimmer bottle!

 I filled the rest of the page with yellow and orange with Brilliance inkpads:

But I didn't like it so I mixed blue acrylic with a little perfect pearl and scraped it all over the top so just a little of the colour beneath showed through which I really liked:

Then I added doodling:


This was really fun to do and definitely satisfied my creative hunger!  It also led me to do this page where I cut shapes out of newspaper.


Spending time with Jesus is definitely feasting on love!  And that means that I'll have more love to give out to those around me.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful words you found for your art! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you just love it when you can turn an accident into something beautiful~!?
    well done~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete