Pages

Friday 7 February 2014

Love Heart

I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend at church and since it will be signed by lots of people it had to be a big card.  I decided to do a large patchwork heart and include the well known Love is patient, etc from 1 Cor 13.  This is not just because the theme at the moment everywhere is hearts and love (Feb 14 coming up soon!) but because my friend has been really lovely and supportive to me.



I love doing paper patchwork and sewing on my cards.  Sewing gives such a lovely soft effect:




The font is Cupid de Locke which I chose obviously because of all the little hearts.


I added some flowers with button centres:


I really enjoyed making this card and I hope it will bless her.

I'm linking up at Word Art Wednesday, Creative Every Day and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Just darling! Love the patchwork look and your darling stitching! Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart card is so cute I'm going to die! Thanks for sharing the font name - it is perfect for your project.

    ReplyDelete