Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

How to Rejoice Continually

Back to my Joy journal -

How can I rejoice continually?  By knowing that God never stops working out His purposes for me, no matter how they may look to the contrary.  When problems loom or times are hard, we need to hold on to the fact that God works for good in all things.

I had a lot of fun doing this very simple page:

I used my Derwent Intense bars for the backround.  Then gesso through a Prima bubbles stencil and some stamping.




I love ink splats!

Can't get enough of them!



The black ink splats are meant to be the bad stuff in my life which threaten to take away my joy, and the bright colours and spots are the joy which is still there despite the bad stuff! :)

I'm linking up at
Art Journal Every Day.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
That's Crafty You Spin Me Right Round challenge
Creative Every Day

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, Susan Carol. I'm feeling better now. Just one of those weeks…
    I love this spread - especially as the bright colours are definitely overpowering the black splats :) Those starburst stampings really do make me think of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous colours! Thank you for entering it into the That's Crafty! challenge. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative. Love the idea behind this one, though my ink blots (and I love them, too!) are often a lot bigger than that... God's still good :-D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page with a great message. Love your idea with the ink splots. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page and its honestly such a wonderful message and reminder. Thanks for posting it!!

    ReplyDelete