Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

No Joy without Love

It feels like ages since I last posted - all of three weeks!  We've just come back from a really lovely holiday flyfishing for trout in the Scottish Highlands.  We stay in a remote cottage with only the river and deer and hares and birds for company, the only sound from the river and a real symphony of birdsong - truly wonderful.

Of course it wasn't all flyfishing.  I took the art journal I'm doing on joy and a small box of supplies - Derwent Inktense bars, black and white acrylic, a couple of inkpads and a few stencils and stamps. 

The chronic fatigue had flared up badly before the hols so I wasn't up to that much fishing at the beginning of the holiday.  Yes, this meant there was more time for art journaling.  There's always good to be found in bad situations!

Here's my page for today:


Its impossible to have joy without love.  If you love, you're going to have joy.

Jesus said: "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be full.Jn 15:11.   Jesus made this statement in the middle of talking about love: "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love." v 9 and  "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." v 12

So we need love to have joy.

I think being beside the river influenced this page so it came out all flowy in springlike colours.



 



Highland air is definitely very therapeutic because I felt so much better after a few days of resting up together with some gentle walking and fishing.  I really do fish, here's a picture of me in all the gear, ok its not a fashion parade :)



The river Deveron and the scenery:


Dominic fishing:

 Dominic very happy with a good trout, full of joy!!!


 And of course we just had to do a selfie:


It was a great hols and a good time to be doing my journal on joy!

I'm linking up at Art Journal Every Day
and Creative Every Day

6 comments:

  1. beautiful post and journal page Carol!! Sounds like such a relaxing holiday- and the countryside looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did on the "fly" Susan....no pun intended!! I am so jealous of your wonderful holiday! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the Scottish Highlands! I also love that you express your faith through your work, which is what I totally love to do as well!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the journal page you created, and I truly love your photos! Looks like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is lovely, really does flow ! So relaxing to look at ! A great message too.! Glad you had a wonderful holiday it looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is beautiful! I love how flowy it is. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday. I'm glad it helped you feel better.

    ReplyDelete