Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

Struggle Well

We all go through struggles - its part of being alive!  Its what we do with our struggles that will make or break us.  I want to be someone who 'struggles well'.  For me that means praying and trusting in God to see me through.  I know He wants to give me the grace and strength to endure and overcome - I just need to learn to do this whatever struggles come because sometimes I allow things to get the better of me.

Here is my art journal page:


This page has lots of layers - I didn't like what I had done initially so covered it all up with gesso and started again.  I added my home made texture paste through the hollyhocks stencil and I really like how the covered up layers just show through.


I added the stamped tag for interest and used the flower heads to stamp a border:


The apostle Paul definitely struggled well:

'through great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, tumults, labors, watching, hunger; by purity, knowledge, forbearance, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love, truthful speech, and the power of God.'  2 Cor 6: 5-7

 Reading this verse puts things in perspective!  My struggles pale into insignificance!

Paul said:  'I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.'   Phil 4: 13

 My prayer today is - God help me to do this!

May God help you to struggle well too.

I'm  linking up at:

Art Journal Every Day 
Create with Joy Friendship Friday 
That's Crafty - Stamping Ground challenge
Inspiration Journal 


11 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, I definitely love this! Boy I really like how your talented creativity covered up what you initially didn't favor. God had another plan, as you see!!! Love all that texture!! You are too right, God's grace is sufficient and as I read your piece, my spirit was sending up prayers for you that you would be encouraged that all things come together for the good for those who love Him! Sometimes I have to remind myself that number one the battle is the Lords, but in the midst, it may not be pretty, but the end blessing is oh so sweet! Be encouraged today! Thanks for sharing this! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this page! Great job with all the textures and I relate to your struggles and the beauty of the scriptures you used to describe it and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! How we handle the struggles is so important. Will we retreat into ourselves or into Him?
    I really like the way you've used the same stamp on the border and the tag. It pulls everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture to your page. I enjoyed it and agree with you about struggles. It is how we deal with them that says a lot about us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...everything about it! I want to handle struggles like this.
    Such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Susan,

    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous artwork with us at Create With Joy! I really was inspired by your post. Congratulations - you are our Featured Friend at this week's Friendship Friday Party 134 - look forward to seeing you this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O wow, what a surprise and how amazing to be chosen as your Featured Friend of the week! Thank you so much and thank you for hosting such a wonderful site.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Susan!

      Delete
  7. Yes..I am going through a struggle that's trying to get the better of me.
    I would appreciate your prayers in dealing with a family member. Thanks

    I'm visiting from Friendship Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Susan , the colours are gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete