Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Go For It - Courageously

If you've visited this blog before you will know I was very inspired at a recent church meeting where we were encouraged to be and do today what we are hoping to be and do tomorrow.  Its made me think a lot about things and resulted  in quite a few art journal pages.  Here is  another one which follows on from Be Today and Painterly Splotches.


 This is a very simple page where I started with Derwent Inktense Blocks and stamped and splattered a little before adding my home made texture paste through this lovely stencil:


I used letters which I'd had in my stash for years for the title and journaled all around the edge:


I've always been a cautious kind of person, liking to think things through before launching into anything.  This page is an exhortation to myself to have COURAGE and GO FOR IT!!!  I know that Jesus will give me the wisdom and strength I need.

If you too are a cautious kind of person I pray that you will find the courage to be and do today whatever it is you are aspiring to be and do tomorrow.

I'm linking up at:
Art Journal Every Day
Create With Joy Friendship Friday

8 comments:

  1. Wow that's really a lovely stencil, but a good-looking texture paste as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you done!!! Your journal page is beautiful and fitting for me also! I may attempt something like this for myself just as encouragement. Thanks for sharing this! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That centrepiece just says, "WOW!". I love the vibrant colours and bold letters too. Truly an inspiring page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your journal page, Susan, and the inspiration behind it. Thought of Joshua 1:9..."Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous...for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
    So inspiring.
    Thank you for your visit earlier.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, another fabulous page! I love the colors and that stencil is wow! I love that you journal around the edges, I need to do that more! Because I watched the vids for your wonderful church meeting, I understand your wanting to tap into ALL what God has for you! I don't know how I missed the Painterly Splotches blog post, but I LOVE that one as well! Wonderful inspiration to us all Susan, thank you for your expression!! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful...love the colors, journaling around the edges like you did, the lettering and that beautiful star texture!
    You always amaze me with your work - it's very inspiring for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture stenciling - it's something I love doing myself at the moment! A great page all over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really enjoying the series of pages you have been doing based on what you learned at your church meeting, Susan. They have spoken to my heart. This is such a pretty page. I love the colors you chose. I hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete