Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Grow the Right Kind of Fruits

The pages in my art journal recently have all been about being and doing today what I'm hoping to be and do tomorrow.  I've been thinking about this a lot and thinking about the kind of person I want to grow into.  As a Christian I look to Jesus to show me.  He is all loving, kind, compassionate, faithful, patient, gentle... I could go on.  When we invite Him into our lives we start to become more like Him.  As we allow His Spirit to live in us these traits, or fruits of the Spirit, will grow in us.

This spread was inspired by Darcy Journaling month 8 over at the PaperArtsy blog.  Darcy has done this wonderful series of art journal pages with loads of really amazing techniques.  When I saw this month's I just had to try some of the things she did, in particular I loved the border made using a mask and I had to try the tree:


The backround is sponged distress inks, water sprinkled to remove some inks and paint added with the edge of a ruler:


I tore a mask and used to sponge a border with Freso Finish paints then stamped with the crackle stamp.  I drew and painted the tree, then added my home made texture paste which I'd coloured brown.  I didn't have any brown paint so mixed some up from a combination of the Fresco Finish paints. 


Darcy stamped on the texture paste on her tree but I added texture with a cocktail stick:


I added punched leaves in three different shades of green:


I cut out 9 different hearts from patterned paper for the fruits and journaled on the backs.  Then I added loops made from thread and hung them on the tree so they could dangle loosely.  I couldn't resist adding a couple of birds:


This was a really fun page to do.  I absolutely loved doing this!  Now I've got to get growing these fruits as big as I can!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this as I love trees ! Very creative and colorful! Happy Week to you!

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is awesome, I loved your punched leaves and hearts. Gorgeous crackled border too. thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...it is awesome! So impressed with your drawing of the tree! The background you made is so pretty. You are really good....
    Love all the leaves that you have put on it...and the hearts and words.
    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The abundance of leaves make your tree look so real and your bark is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous!!! I love every little thing you did with this page. Your tree is awesome and I see you even have a bird and an owl in it. :) A truly gorgeous page to remind you of the fruit of the Spirit. Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for an art journal page! The texture of the bark is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I really like the texture on your tree and the frame is great too. Your sentiment is perfect and I love that you used hearts as your fruit. The best part about this page, for me (I am a SS teacher), is that it could be simplified into a child's craft.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. great page, your tree is fab with the punch leaves
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful fruits grow on your tree Carol! This is a beautiful page!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete