Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

No to Glumness

There's something very special about autumn with the freshness in the air and wonderful autumn colours everywhere making it a lovely time of year to be out and about.  However, nowadays the change in the season usually means that chronic fatigue rears its ugly head.  I'm prone to bouts of CFS and there's something about autumn which sparks it off.  Fortunately I've learnt to read the signs and take steps so I'm careful not to do too much.  Even so, although its not in full blown mode I have days when I really don't feel that great.  Feeling grotty and having to rest more sometimes gets to me and if I don't watch it GLUMNESS descends.  I had to catch myself pretty sharp yesterday when before I knew it there I was.... glum :(  I had to say NO to glumness.  The only way I can do that is to start counting my blessings and be grateful to God for the wonderful family, friends, life He has blessed me with.

Playing in my art journal is a great help.  For this page, I started glum - glum tones, glum splodges, glum stamping, glum, glum, glum ...  LOL.  (Can you tell I'm not glum any more?)  Anyway, I looked at my page and thought, what on earth is this.  I thought I'd better cover the whole lot with white and start again.  So I splodged a big mass of white and quickly spread it and hey presto, it turned into the finished page.  The white splodges turned into my blessings which I wrotte white on white:

Here it is - not a work of art but a work of therapy which became a blessing in itself:


Its official, the antidote to glumness is to count one's blessings :D

I'm linking up at:
Art Journal Every Day 
Create with Joy Friendship Friday 
Creative Every Day 

6 comments:

  1. I can totally see the transformation Susan! I love how you put the blessings in the white as if the white was the breath of your spoken word (in the case the blessings you drafted) being carried into the atmosphere! I believe your spoken word (albeit good or bad) can change an atmosphere! I'm believing blessings for you through the "glum" time! LOL!! Press on! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can very much identify with your glumness. It happens to me too. Interestingly, it's sunny weather that brings it on for me and I always feel happier in gloomy weather. I know, it's crazy! I can't explain it. I love rain, fog and clouds (in other words, British weather, LoL!) It's a good idea to remind ourselves of our blessings when glumness strikes. There are so many people less fortunate than us - we have no right to feel glum! Beautiful layout, Susan, it really speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white addition was a great idea Susan, I just love the way it pops from the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you transformed this! I can definately relate to glumness...it's something I really have to work on too. Really like how you wrote white on white. What kind of a pen did you use for it to show up? No better way to chase away the glumness than to count our blessings! Awesome piece Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Susan, like streams of blessing gathering into a river :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this page, Susan. It really speaks to my heart. I'm praying for you as you deal with CFS. I have health issues, so know that it can be difficult at times. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete