Pages

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Circle Journal - Claudia's journal on 'Look'

I've had lots of fun with my spread in Claudia's journal - the theme was 'Look'.  I knew straightaway what my words were going to be - 'Look and take time to See'.  We might look at things but sometimes we need to focus to really see and that can take time.  Taking time to stop and be still has been something very much on my heart recently.  In particular, I know that I need to take time to be still with God, to look at Him and spend proper quality time with Him.  Its only then that I will be able to hear from Him, receive from Him and really SEE that He is our wonderful creator God :)

At PaperArtsy the challenge at the moment is stencils so I wanted to use stencils and to try stamping into texture paste, which Leandra showed in a video.  Here is the finished journal page:


I started with the texture paste and a hexagon stencil - Leandra says this technique works best with stencils which have a bigger pattern.  I stamped into the hexagons, leaving some blank:


I added paint, working the paint into all the cavities:


Here's a close up of how it's looking so far:


I sanded over the top with a cheap nail file to reveal the creamy colour of the texture paste.  I love the effect:


Now my base was ready for me to have fun with more stencils and stamps.  I added a polka dot stencil and stamped a script all over plus a little grid which came with the PaperArtsy Jofy 12 set:



 I stamped clock faces with different times and also a bottle top and spattered a little white all over.  I stamped flowers from the Jofy 12 set and added colour to them:


I love the Jofy lowers:


I wanted to make it busy so added the stamped birds and also stencilled some along the top.  Lastly I added the words with quirky eyes for a fun feel to the page:



There's so much in our world that is beautiful, so next time we are looking lets stop and take time to SEE :)

I'm linking up at:
PaperArtsy Stencils Challenge
Art Journal Every Day
Create with Joy Friendship Friday

6 comments:

  1. Another great page, love the stamped in texture paste. Not so easy to judge when it's ready though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely a difference between looking and seeing! Loving the background - great idea to stamp into the texture paste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art always inspires me! Always! I just love the colors you use...just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful effects! That sanding technique is great,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal pages, so fun and beautiful!!! They really make me smile!!! :D
    And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too, that's very kind to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture and details in this! Beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete