Pages

Sunday 12 July 2015

Glory Art no 12 - God's Will

The Glory Art scripture challenge this time was on God's Will and Patter was encouraging us to think about how much we ask God to know His will for ourselves for each day rather than following our own agenda.  This is quite challenging really because we all have things we need to do and things we would like to do.  But are these God's plans for us?  The bible tells us that God loves us, knows what is best for us and has good plans for us.  So it behoves us to stop and consider if what we are doing is really God's will for us.  It also applies to our loved ones.  We need to trust God for His plans for them.

I am so enjoying this challenge.  I love reading the bible and love reading the different scriptures which Patter chooses each time and it encourages me to go search the bible for more on each topic.  I'm doing scripture cards for this challenge and making them up into a devotional book.

These scriptures are wonderful!


I scraped red for the backround and added speckles of white with a scoochy sponge, which I'm really into at the moment:



I added stamping in the backround, two of my favourites - Kaisercrft 'Arty':


 and IndigoBlu Script Backround:


Then I added Ultramarine Blue through a stencil.  I found this at a knockdown bargain price but its gone all funny!  A clear gunge comes out first followed by the blue paint which is all gungy.  Now I know why it was so cheap, I can still use it though.


The thing about God's Will is that it is good and best for us.  When we try and go our own way we get into trouble!  Read these verses and KNOW that God's plans for you are good and best.

I'm linking up at
Glory Art at Triple the Scraps
Create With Joy Inspire Me Monday
Creative Every Day

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Susan!!! Congrats on winning over on the PaperArtsy blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards! It's great to see artworks inspired by His Word. Dropping by from Inspire Me Monday bloghop! :D

    http://quaintful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so nice.. You do lovely background word with your art. Great choice of scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week your beautiful cards include some of my favorite Bible verses Susan!

    Thank you for sharing your Glory Art at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy - you are such a blessing and inspiration to us all! :-)

    ReplyDelete