Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Religion/Relationship

The Glory Art Scripture Challenge this time was on 'religion' and I really liked the following quote:

"Religion is about our attempt to reach God. 
The Gospel is about the truth that God reached out to us. 
God is not about religion, He is about relationship."

People can be pretty negative about 'religion'.  And can you wonder at it when religion is all about following a set of rules whereas what God really wants is to be in a living relationship with us which we do through the power of the Holy Spirit. We follow God and obey Him because we love Him, not because we are following a set of rules. 

Here are my scripture cards:


I had a partially finished masterboard which I added more layers to:


I added stamping for interest:


Then I cut the masterboard up:


and added texture paste through my new leaf stencil from PaperArtsy which was part of my prize :)


I sponged  colour with the stencil in place and the texture paste still wet:


So don't be put off about God because you think religion is not for you.  Open your heart to Him and you will see that He wants a living relationship with you.  He wants you to know that Jesus His Son died on the cross and paid the price for your sins so that your sins would be forgiven.  Jesus rose from the dead and now wants you to come and follow Him.

I'm linking up at:

7 comments:

  1. Great cards. I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designs and colors, Susan! Love these so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what master board is but these came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what master board is but these came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so nice. I thought the leaves were cut outs... you have used the texture paste well on these little pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring cards Susan!
    Congrats - you are one of our Featured Guests at this week's Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy! :-)
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete