Pages

Friday 31 July 2015

Trust - the Language of the Heart

I love the quote below which comes from Streams in the Desert, a most wonderful devotional book by Mrs C.E. Cowman.

"The word TRUST is the heart word of faith.  The word faith expresses more an act of the will and belief an act of the mind.  But TRUST is the language of the heart."

We all go through difficult times when we don't know what on earth has hit us.  This is when the only thing we can do is reach out to God and trust Him to bring all to good as He has promised.  To quote from Streams in the Desert again: 

Trust sees and feels and leans upon a person, a great, true, living heart of love - that's God.  We may not understand what is happening to us, but we know He loves us and will see us through this time and indeed bring it to good.

Here is my art journal page where I simply wanted to play with my new PaperArtsy Jofy stamps which I won :) their current challenge is 'Flowers'.


I wanted to have a mainly white backround with just a little colour.  A scoochy sponge is perfect for this, giving a speckled backround.  I also stamped the circles which came with the set to add a bit more interest:


I love Jofy stamps and these flowers are so much fun to use.  I coloured them in with water colour pencils:


This bird, another Jofy stamp, is so adorable, I had to add him, his expression is so cute:


I'm linking up at:

PaperArtsy
Create With Joy Friendship Friday


8 comments:

  1. Susan, I LOVE this journal page!! I also love your thoughts behind it! Faith is DEFINITELY an action word! If our wills are submitted to His, we can't go wrong and He is faithful to see us through! I LOVE, LOVE PaperArtsy stamps and truly want to invest in some for my stash (as if I don't have enough stash already...LOL) Thank you for the word of inspiration and sharing this sweet page!! Blessing to you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page, beautiful configuration and colours, lovely bird too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is gorgious, I love these Paper Artsy flowers a lot and I love the way you use them, I love the text too!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the use of the watercolour pencils, it's given a real softness to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the use of the watercolour pencils, it's given a real softness to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful journal spread and great texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page! Love your words and thoughts...and the flowers and bird are awesome.

    ReplyDelete