Pages

Saturday 8 August 2015

Bookprint Flowers

Here is a card I made using PaperArtsy Jofy stamps. 


The current challenge at PaperArtsy is 'Flowers' and at Craft Stamper it is 'Pens and 'Pencils' - what great challenges and what better way to colour in flowers than with water colour pencils!  I started off with a backround of torn book pages inspired by Anneke de Clerck, yes they really are there!  But I didn't like the colours when I added paint so had to keep adding till I was happy and then the bookprint wasn't really showing any more.


I stamped the large flower from Jofy 14 randomly all over and because I was impatient to get stamping I hadn't let the paint dry completely so the flowers came out a bit faded - but I really liked them!

I was determined to have some bookprint showing so I stamped the flowers again on book paper, coloured with water colour pencils and cut out:


I love how these turned out.


This happens sometimes, or quite a lot!  You have an idea in your head but it doesn't turn out.  BUT, if you go with it and keep going the end will be even better than your original plan..... You thought I was talking about the card didn't you.  Yes, it happened with my card and it made me think that's just like in life.  Often things don't turn out as we plan or hope but if we trust God then we go with it because His plans for us are best!  I'm really happy with my card and I'm also happy with God's plans for me :)

I'm linking up at:
PaperArtsy
Craft Stamper

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty & summery Susan! I love your use of the book page too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card with the way you did the flowers. It really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the flowers on the book print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the flowers on the book print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Susan. I love the mixed of printed flowers and flower backgrounds. And like you, I like those flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colouring with water colour pencils works beautifully on this project! Thank you for joining us at craft stamper magazines make it take it challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful summery card ..... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous... your flowers are wonderful with yummy colours...
    Thanks for joining the Craft Stamper's TIMI challenge!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan , trying to catch up with all your lovely projects after a break from crafting !
    Your card is beautiful , the stamps are really lovely and the flowers look fab stamped onto the bookprint !

    ReplyDelete