Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Glory Art no 17 - Discouraged?

The theme this time at theGlory Art Scripture Challenge was 'Discouraged?'.  Who doesn't struggle with discouragement at times?  I know that I do, its part of the human condition where life doesn't always work out exactly as we'd hoped or planned and we have to cope with illness or financial or job worries, or concerns about loved ones or..... the list is endless.  But its what we do with discouragement that is important.  Do we let it hang around, going over and over what has gone wrong, or isn't right, or has been a disappointment?  If we do that we are going to stay discouraged!

The only way I can get over discouragement is to take my eyes off the issue and focus on God.  I find reading the bible an immense help, there are so many promises in there that God Himself is going to help us and give us strength and wisdom.  As I start reading my eyes are taken off myself and are put straight on to Him.  He is the very opposite of discouragement - He is a God of ENcouragement!  He promises to help, guide and protect us.  He gives us hope and enables us to overcome and get on with things again.

Here are my scripture cards:


I started off with a masterboard.  I love doing these.  For this one I brayered several shades of orange then stencilled all over:


Its a very good base which can be cut up and finished off however you want.  I decided to add some flowers:


 It was such a lovely vibrant backround that I didn't want to add too much else over it:







I had a bit of the masterboard left over so I used it for bookmarks:


This was a fun project to do.  The scripture verses are really uplifting too so no chance of any discouragement sinking in!

Are you going through a period of discouragement at the moment.  I pray that you read these verses or your bible, focus on God and allow Him to lift you up.

Blessings to you.

I'm linking up at:
Glory Art Scripture Challenge
Create with Joy - Inspire Me Monday

2 comments:

  1. These cards and booksmarks are glorious, Susan - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as always Susan!
    Have a blessed week and thanks for joining us at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete