Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Thankful

The current Glory Art Scripture Challenge is 'Thankful'.  This is actually a topic very much on my heart at the moment.   Nurturing thankfulness is so much an attitude of heart.  We need to be thankful for the little things we take for granted in our life - the sun, light, running water, green grass, beautiful flowers and a world of colour, good food, the list is endless.

 The bible tells us to be grateful many times.  Its easy to be thankful for the good things but we are to 

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is
the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thess 5: 18

 That means no moaning and complaining!  - oh dear! I'm afraid I can lapse into that all too easily!  If we thank God for all things no matter what is happening in our lives we will keep a grateful heart and trust Him and I guess this is what He wants - a relationship with us where we really truly put our trust in Him knowing that He brings all things to good.  

Here are my scripture cards:



I started off sponging paint:


Adding a little stencilling:

Stamping a script:


and finally stamping a flower stamp repeatedly in the corners:


Every day when I wake up I've got into the habit of thanking God for at least 5 things which happened the previous day.  I've found that the benefit of that is that it makes me focus on what is positive and sets me up nicely for the day.  It has helped me this autumn while I have been unwell with a flareup of chronic fatigue following a virus.  I'm much better now although still having to pace myself.  I'm sure staying positive and looking at the good things has really helped.

Yet another thing to be thankful for!

I'm linking up at:
Glory Art Scripture Challenge
Create with Joy Friendship Friday



1 comment: