Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Bless This House Triptych

Its day 4 at Art Every Day Month. 

Here is another triptych which I made inspired by the triptych challenge at PaperArtsy and in particular by a gorgeous example by Jo Firth-Young who is the designer of my favourite Jofy stamps.  Her Bloom and Grow triptych was a horizontal rectangular one and I thought it would be fun to try and do one with the house stamp. 


It was really fun to do.  I cut the rectangles from thick cardboard packaging and brayered Smurf and Glass Blue freso finish chalk acrylics, then had fun with stencils and stamps on the backround.  I love the house stamp, love that its got the word 'sanctuary' on it which is what everyone's home should be.  I stamped, painted and cut out.


I really don't like fussy cutting but these trees, part of the house set, were just crying out to be cut out:


I die cut the letters from card which I had painted with London Bus, same as the house, then added a little stamping for interest:


Then I stuck it all down, mounting the house on foam pads with a tree partly behind.  I punched holes with my trusty Crop-A-Dile and threaded cord from my recycle stash.  I didn't have enough cord so will need to redo this when I get some otherwise I will have two spare holes on the bottom layer!


and layering the trees, leaving some unstuck for depth:


Triptychs are amazingly fun to do and they made lovely gifts.

I'm linking up at:

PaperArtsy - Triptych challenge
Art Every Day Month
Create with Joy Friendship Friday


6 comments:

  1. This is darling. I love your trees and house.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I'm in LOVE with this project. I may have to steal (OOPS, borrow) this idea from you. I love the way the piece is held together, and the house and trees are adorable. Of course, I simply adore that background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Susan! Love the stamps and the wonderful colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely triptych Susan. JoFY stamps are among my favourites too or I should say I love PaperArtsy stamps altogether, lol! Love how you used them here and the background is quite stunning.....so many little details. I'm enjoying the triptych theme on the blog at the moment too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! Very eye catching and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely worth the effort but, like you, fussy cutting is not my favourite ! Lovely triptych.

    ReplyDelete