Pages

Friday 13 November 2015

Fragile but Strong

Those of you who have visited here before will know that I suffer from bouts of chronic fatigue syndrome, particularly in the autumn.  I'm actually getting much better but still can't do very much - I have to pace myself very carefully.  In the past I have often got very frustrated and even depressed when struggling through one of these episodes and feeling so ill.  Did you notice the 'in the past'?  That's right - at the moment I am NOT feeling frustrated and depressed :)   I have learnt to cope with it partly by acceptance, partly by learning to listen to my body but mostly because I turn to God in it all.  I read my bible and draw strength and encouragement from God's promises:

The Lord God is my Strength [my source of courage, my invincible army];
He has made my feet [steady and sure] like hinds’ feet
And makes me walk [forward with spiritual confidence] 
on my high places [of challenge and responsibility].
Hab 3: 19 Amplified

This was my inspiration for the journal page below.  I felt so fragile in my body but remarkably ok in myself:

  
I stayed with rich autumn colour for the Art Journal Journey Autumn Colours challenge - I'm loving these colours at the moment - and an abstract look for the PaperArtsy  Abstract Art challenge.  I swiped the colours all over with a baby wipe and added stamping and stencillling:


Plus my home made texture paste through a TCW Balzer stencil,



sponging gold over the paste with the stencil still in place because I love the white highlight this gives:


 I wrote the words on card - wonky letters for a fragile effect :)


straight letters for strong:


The words came to me before I started the page, I like to do a page to fit the words. 
This was a fun page to do and came together quickly which is what I need at the moment due to energy levels.  

What is the source of my strength?  I can say that the source of my strength is Jesus.  Are you struggling today?  Turn to Him, He will help you through.

I'm linking up at:
Art Every Day Month 

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. this is an absolut gorgeous page dear Susan! I am really happy you linked it again to Art Journal Journey! Thank you!
    Hapy weekend to you!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page Susan, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Stay well and strong! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing Susan, I love the white highlights on the stencil,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really fantastic. I'm glad to hear that you're dealing with your illness. It's so hard to not be as well as everyone around you. I'm in a similar position and have days where I wonder what I'm doing wrong when I just can't seem to build back strong health. One foot in front of the other is my motto. Visitng from AEDM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often create the page, then the art tells me what to name it. On occasion, I've done what you do, but nothing as solid and fresh as what you did for this piece. This is simply wonderful. The letters say it all! of course, the background is to die for, since I don't have many stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Susan. I loved this page with its colors, beautiful stamps and stencils and textures.I guess autumn is not very kind on me either but i try to get the best of it. Cheers to making art and getting energized :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page. Colours, stamping, stenciling, all details are made so well. The fun letters match well the wholeness. The message is great.
    Happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see how your lovely painting developed. I like the idea of wonky and straight lettering, so effective, and the way you started too, great background, in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quote combined with the glorious colour - beautifully done, and very apt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so right, art is such a savior when you're struggling to stay "above water" health wise. It's like a salve to a bad day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful page Susan ! Your stencilling and texture paste always amaze me! Hope you are feeling much better and thanks for these encouraging words !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page! I love the white against the bright background. Glad to hear you are doing well and hope everything continues to go well with your chronic fatigue syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely journal page, I love the colours and the layers of stencilling/stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely page and I love who you get your strength from!

    ReplyDelete